UNESCO Heritages of Georgia
UNESCO Heritages of Georgia – As described in the UNESCO World Heritage Convention of 1972, The World Heritage sites are places of importance to cultural or natural heritage. On 1992, Georgia made its sites eligible for inclusion on the list.
Nowadays, Georgia is presented by three official World Heritage cultural sites. During the tour you will visit all of them: Gelati Monastery( inscribed to the list in 1994), Historical Monuments of Mtskheta(1994) and Upper Svaneti(1996).
- Day 1: Arrival to TBS/Transfer and check in to a hotel/Tbilisi tour including ferry on the river Kura/Overnight in Tbilisi
- Day 2: Breakfast/Mtskheta tour, including Svetitskhoveli, Jvari Monastery, Samtavro Nunnery, Bebris Tsikhe/Drive to Kutaisi/Night walk and overnight in Kutaisi.
- Day 3: Breakfast/Kutaisi tour including Gelati Monastery, Motsameta Monastery and Bagrati Cathedral/Drive to Zugdidi/Overnight in Zugdidi
- Day 4: Breakfast/Visit to Dadiani palace and museum/Visit to Enguri Dam/On the way to Mestia, visit Latali village. See Savior Cathedral (10-11th cc) and medieval temple of the Prophet Jonah/Accommodation and night walk in Mestia.
- Day 5: Breakfast/ The Ethnographic Museum of Svaneti/Ipari village and Love Tower/ Saint Kvirike and Ivlita Church in Kala/Ushguli – Europe’s highest inhabited place (2200m above sea level) – Ethnographic Museum of Ushguli / Chazhashi towers/The Winter and Summer towers of woman King Tamar/Lamaria 9th century church with10-12th century frescos/Overnight in Mestia
- Day 6: Transfer to Tbilisi/ Departure
- Accommodations with breakfast
- Museum entrance fees