Cultural Getaway Tour – Devote few days to see Samtskhe-Javakheti, during your Georgian voyage. Taste the worlds famous healing mimneral water, observe the night sky from observatory and see , stunning, mysterious, cultural monuments – important and historical objects of religious and military purpose.
Enjoy the royal chateau visiting and wine tasting – at the end of the tour.
Day 1: Tbilisi-Borjomi-Akhaltsikhe-Abastumani
- Visit Borjomi central and historic park – hidden in evergreen nature. Located in the gorge of the river Borjomula, stretching over 20 hectares. From the spring directly, you will be able to taste natural, mineral water- the way of healong and prophylactic for many diseases. At the end of the park, in case of your wish, you can enjoy the historical sulfuric and medicinal water pools.
- After all this, at about 30 kilometers from Borjomi, you will find Atskuri fortress, standing on a huge rocky hill. Around the 10th century monument, an important defensive combat structure.
- Continue the way to Akhaltsikhe. You will see a popular, tourist sightseeing – Rabati Castle Complex. Historically, the most important defensive structure of the region. In the historical part is a museum, mosque and madrassas. Also, Orthodox Church of the ninth century, citadel and Turkish baths.
- Night in Abastumani. In case of relevant weather, you will be able to observe the night sky and celestial bodies, from the astrophysical observatory. Many world class discoveries have been made here.
Day 2: Khertvisi-Vardzia-Mukhrani
- After breakfast, on the way to Vardzia, meet Khertvisi Fortress, one of the oldest fortresses and important cultural heritage of Georgia. (Tentative list of UNESCO, with Vardzia Complex)
- Vardzia – breathtaking, mysterious cave complex – with scientific and religious-cultural purpose
- On the way to Tbilisi, near Mtskheta, you will visit Chateau Mukhrani. See palace, gardens, stable and the unique wine cellars. Get to know the history of the Georgian royal family. Discover the art of chateau wine making. Walk in the “Chateau Mukhrani” vineyards, visit the wine factory and taste 3 type of premium wine – white, pink and red.(snack: Georgian bread, cheese assort, Churchkhela, spring water.)
- Return to Tbilisi